For the Fall of 2019, SCAE will be offering a full C.N.A. training program in conjunction with the instructional staff at SRTC, and with a local care facility for clinical experience.
Enrollment in the course is competitive as there are a limited number of slots available (per State of Maine regulation). The first step toward registration for our C.N.A. course is to register for our C.N.A. Orientation, a two-night event (held Tuesday & Wednesday 9/3 & 9/4 from 4 pm to 8 pm at Anderson Learning Center) which will answer all your questions and will determine your eligibility to take the course.
The orientation will include a summary of course content, a review of expectations, a question and answer session, a discussion of payment options, and a formal assessment of math and reading skills. (We’re not looking for high level – we just want to be sure you’ll be successful with the instructional materials!) A personal interview with the instructor will also be part of the orientation.
You must plan to attend both days of Orientation to be eligible for the class.
- What to bring with you:
proof of high-school diploma or equivalency (a transcript)
- a letter of recommendation (from someone “in the know” who thinks you’d make a great C.N.A.)
- a written work history – just like you’d use for a job application.
Below is information regarding the CNA course, which will be open for registration after orientation:
- The cost for the course is $800.
- Class dates are Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, from September 16, 2019, to January 15, 2020 (excluding holidays).
- Classes will meet from 4 pm to 8 pm.
- When Clinicals start (days to be determined), clinicals will meet from 4 pm to 9 pm.
- Classes will be held at the Sanford Regional Technical Center at the new Sanford High School.