We at SCAE like to stay fresh and current and to that end we are always looking for new course ideas, and new instructors to teach those courses!
Do you have an idea for a class? Would you like to teach a class?
You should! It’s fun! And it pays!
We like to view teaching as “sharing what you know” to others who really want to learn what you’re offering. Here’s what we would need to know for you to teach a class:
- Your contact info (name, phone, email, mailing address)
- Course info (topic, preferred day or night of the week to offer the class, how many weeks class should run, time of day, specific date (if you have one), and what facilities or equipment you need to offer the class.
- Course description (just a few sentences usually – we will edit as needed)
SCAE will work with you to set the right enrollment minimums and maximums, and price to charge for your class. (For Fall 2019, one-night classes are priced in the $24-$28 range.) Instructors are “contractors” and are compensated with 65% of the net collected registration fees. SCAE retains the other 35% to cover administrative costs.
What else? Well, you’ll need to submit to a criminal history background check and fill out a W-9 for payment.
Send an email to our Enrichment Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get the ball rolling for our next semester!